Your hair breaking or experiencing breakage is normal.
You will shed you will shed a couple of hairs here and there. But that doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t pay attention to your hair breakage.
There are a couple of things you should and shouldn’t do to keep hair breakage in check. Read on to find out what they are.
- Watch what you use to dry your hair
Using a regular bathroom towel to dry your hair has a significant effect on your hair breakage. A towel will snag and pull on your hair causing tangles and eventually breakage. Use a microfiber towel or a cotton t shirt instead.
- Moisturize your curls
Hydrate hair is happy hair. Dry hair tends to be brittle and more susceptible to breakage. Here are several ways you can keep your hair moisturized:
- Reduce the amount of heat you use on your hair. Heat sucks the moisture out of your hair.
- Use the LOC method frequently to moisturize your hair. Just make sure you have products that lock in moisture and softness for longer
- Drink lots of water. No better way to stay hydrated than from inside!
- Don’t forget to pre poo before shampooing
- Avoid over manipulation
Manipulation is how you handle and take care of your hair. It ranges from washday to styling. Over manipulation is when you overdo everything.
Styling your hair too often using the wrong comb to comb your hair, detangle the wrong way or even being rough with your hair.
- Invest in protective hairstyles
- Use the right comb to detangle
- Be gentle with your hair
- Detangle the right way
Detangling may seem like it encourages hair breakage, but the opposite is true. Detangling is using a wide toothed comb or brush through your hair.
It helps remove tangles and knots from your hair which might cause breakage.
- Detangle your hair while it is damp.
- Detangle in section.
- Start from the ends and work your way up.
- Detangle with your fingers first before going in with a comb.
- Don’t skip deep conditioning
Each time you shampoo your hair follow up with a deep conditioner. Deep conditioning:
- Contributes to reducing breakage and split ends
- Nourishes your strands
- Infuses and restores moisture
Try our bestseller, the Pumpkin Mint Deep Treatment Masque which is restorative deep conditioner is designed to directly penetrate the hair shaft delivering all-natural vitamins, nutrients, and antioxidants for stronger, healthier hair.
- Pre poo before shampooing
To pre poo is to apply a treatment to your hair to prepare it for shampooing. You can either choose to pre poo with nourishing oil or with a conditioner such as our Give Me Slip Blast Hydration Conditioner which is a nourishing conditioner that delivers long-lasting moisture to each strand, formulated with a rich blend of nature’s finest ingredients. Pre pooing makes it easier to detangle your hair, reducing the amount of hair you lose.
- Protect your ends
Your hair ends are the second most fragile hairs, second to your edges. They are the oldest part of your hair hence need constant care and attention.
- Trim split ends regularly
- Moisturize and seal with an oil
- Apply deep conditioner to ends first then work your way upwards
- Pay special attention while applying products
Are you experiencing hair loss? We have just the right products for you! Our Dynasty Diva Trifecta Bundle is specifically designed to alleviate and repair the effects of stressors that influence hair loss from the inside out.
The powerful trio of Hello Growth Serum, Go & Glow Multi, and Bye-Bye Breakage Overnight Treatment work in perfect harmony to deliver consistent, reliable results promoting healthy hair and scalp.
You can go ahead and check out our products which are now available at select Target and Walmart stores! Click here to find a store near you.